Saturday, December 6, 2008

Dream within a dream/ venting

Hey everyone,

Yesterday I experienced what might be the coolest effect possible in an unconscious state, the dream within a dream. If there is a technical term for it, I don't know it. But anyways, I remember taking a nap and in the midst of some portion of the sleep cycle, I was startled awake by my alarm...or lack thereof in this case. I awoke to the horror of being an hour late for work. As I started to scramble to get my work clothes together and sprint out the door, I "woke up" or so I thought. It is possible that I was actually awake and checking my clock to see that I had only been asleep for like half an hour, but I am actually sure that I dreamt about sleeping in too late, then startling myself in my dream only to go into a state of sleep where I can't recall my dreams, somewhere before my REM cycle. Again, there lies the possibility that I am clinically insane and that all of this didn't happen...I don't know. Maybe I should sign in to one of those sleep clinics, I hear they pay well.

Anywho, I played the .10/.20 game with the peeps here at school. My friend Connor got this insane sound system over the break and I couldn't hear myself talk when it was only at about 3/4 its power. Apparently, it can max out at the sound level of a plane engine...sweetness!!!
The poker itself was kinda shitty for me, mostly because I kept trying to make idiotic moves in bad spots to bluff, anywho, here are some highlights...

Weird moment of night.
Game is in the first hour, 7 handed. Henry opens for 3x UTG, some kid I will call R23 3 bets to $2 total. In the BB, someone else we will call SK cold calls the 3 bet and Henry calls as well.
Flop: T53 two spades
SK donk leads for .90, Henry folds, R23 makes it $3 to go, SK makes it $6, R23 tanks the calls, leaving about $2.5o behind.
Turn:5
SK shoves, R23 tanks again, then calls it off
The hands...
SK:54hh
R23:QJss
...I'm not even gonna bother revealing the river, if I made this a guessing contest, no one who didn't play in the game last night would have figured this one out.

My highlight:
Late into the game, I call an EP raise OTB after Henry flatted in the Co with 10-5 cc from someone we will call PT3.
Flop:542
PT3 leads for 1.50, Henry folds, I make it 3.60, PT3 calls
Turn: Q
Check, check
River: T
PT3 leads for 3.50 and I snap it off. PT3 announces A hi, and I manage to catch what we all believe is biggest bluff he has ever attempted. Other than that, this should illustrate what a slow night it was for me.

Low moment of night
I open for .80 in the HJ and get flatted by a nit named Paskorn in the CO and Connor in the SB.
Flop QT3r
c/c/c...I'm not going to explain why I did anything this hand and you will see in a second
Turn 2
I bet 2.50, Paskorn makes it 5.50, Connor folds, I tank, then shove for around 19 more.
Paskorn freaks out (as he usually does in big pots like this), then tanks. I am pretty sure he is on some kind of two pair hand and is considering a fold...then Connor says, "I think I know what you have"...He looks at Paskorn's hand and confirms he is correct. When I see that I'm thinking "crap he has..."
Paskorn rolls over 2-2 as he is still "tanking".
He then says, "Well, I beat you with this last time, I think I can do it again, I call" in a voice that makes me 100% sure he realized he was good 5 minutes ago and wanted to milk my soul.
I just muck in disgust and get my rebuy together.

Let it be known, Paskorn, I have a vendetta against you. You can't be going around thinking you can get away with that bullshit without consequences. I have officially declared war on you...

Peace be with you, everyone (except Paskorn)

3 comments:

the HAWK said...

I enjoyed the dream bit I have actually had that happen to me too before so just know you're not going completely insane lol.

Connor said...

LOL - i love the codenames

Paskorn said...

my bad