Thursday, December 4, 2008

hello again

Hey everyone,

As usual, my blog comes at a seemingly random day, as I didn't feel like writing until today. I promised I would show some hand histories and embarrass myself about how badly I play, so I will...I'll even analyze my thinking, so if you're reading this, well, I'm probably gonna get owned next time I play with you, so enjoy.

PokerStars Game #22452855602: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2008/11/28 21:06:33 ET
Table 'Ilse IV' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: wm007 ($48 in chips)
Seat 2: ghostwizard ($102.65 in chips)
Seat 3: Richard2912 ($58 in chips)
Seat 4: jordo69er ($43.90 in chips)
Seat 5: Toxophilite ($49.90 in chips)
Seat 6: maceiras ($63.10 in chips)
jordo69er: posts small blind $0.25
Toxophilite: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ghostwizard [Ts Ks]
maceiras: calls $0.50
wm007: folds
ghostwizard: raises $1.50 to $2
Richard2912: folds
jordo69er: calls $1.75
Toxophilite: folds
maceiras: calls $1.50
*** FLOP *** [Th Js 9h]
jordo69er: checks
maceiras: checks
ghostwizard: bets $4
jordo69er: folds
maceiras: calls $4
*** TURN *** [Th Js 9h] [Td]
maceiras: checks
ghostwizard: bets $11
maceiras: calls $11
*** RIVER *** [Th Js 9h Td] [Ac]
maceiras: bets $46.10 and is all-in
ghostwizard: calls $46.10
*** SHOW DOWN ***
maceiras: shows [Jh Tc] (a full house, Tens full of Jacks)
ghostwizard: mucks hand
maceiras collected $125.70 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $128.70 | Rake $3
Board [Th Js 9h Td Ac]
Seat 1: wm007 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: ghostwizard mucked [Ts Ks]
Seat 3: Richard2912 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: jordo69er (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: Toxophilite (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: maceiras showed [Jh Tc] and won ($125.70) with a full house, Tens full of Jacks

So, pretty much, preflop is standard, I isolate limpers a ton and the first limper was pretty fishy in my estimation. The flop is pretty decent for me to continue on. I expect the villain to continue with heart draws, all kinds of pair and straight draw type hands...I feel he will be peeling so wide that I am ahead of his range.

Turn was real nice, I don't think my opponent is ever folding a jack, and will still continue with pretty much any combo draw.

The river shove was so weird here. What could my opponent have? At the time I just felt like maybe this villain was spaz bluffing for no reason...but in retrospect, there is no way I am good here. The villain was fishy, but certainly not clinically insane. My opponent probably saw that he still had a full house and thought I was strong and shoved to get paid off...silly me went along with it...*sigh. Lesson learned.

So...yea presentation tomorrow, finals in two weeks, and I still have no idea where I am going to work this summer...four days back from break and I'm already at the point of stress that I was in before I left.

I'll post something about the .10/.20 game if we have it this week.

Peace

No comments: