Friday, December 19, 2008

First semester in the books

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I have posted and I have to say that I am so glad that finals are over and the semester is done. Though, I do have to say that I am so highly disappointed not to be able to spend time with all the people I have become so close with in my tower. What a lucky situation I get to be in. Everyday, I get to wake up knowing I am surrounded with people who are just amazing. I can't explain it much more than that, I don't think.

My friends have given me one big piece of advice. Be active. Don't just sit there and let things come to you, go out and get them. I think that this school is HUGE on that concept and I must work harder to let that become my mantra, my spirit. Maybe I don't agree with all the students and professors here, but those who are active will do better.

This vacation has some real potential to be a boost for my poker life. I am unemployed, and will have some ample time on my hands. I realize that I am not supposed to be talking about the game, but I think I can get some serious volume in if I can keep my focus on continue to improve my game. My poker mentor said that I could become a winning player at NL400 by the time I get out of college, and I want to surpass that. As supplemental income, this game could be wonderful for me. Last night, I watched some WPT episodes while playing a session and that really inspired me. I also got a massive boost from a girl in my tower who doesn't even play the game. She just told me to follow my passion and just let it take me where it will. She is the first person who doesn't understand the concept of check-raising to tell me this and it was such a boost for me. I don't want to let her or anyone else who supports my growth in this game down. My focus is renewed.

Baltimore's win over Dallas may have killed the Pats chance to make the playoffs...Fuck the AFC WEST!!!

One more thought...I wish I had a cooler poker screen name. I am "ghostwizard"...but man if I could change that, I would. Some thoughts on a cooler handle:
  • The Vig Show
  • A-bomb
  • SKdragon
  • StoHoFoSho

If you have any other suggestions, leave them...

No comments: