Saturday, November 29, 2008

obama, downswing, and vacation

Hey guys,

As usual, it has been a few days since my last post...I know, it's really annoying and inconsistent. Anyway, this post is coming from the house of my only official follower so far, THE HAWK!1!1!1...thought I would throw out that shout out before I got this shit started.

So last time, I talked about why I am kind of mad at the people who are ripshit over Obama screwing over the upper class. First of all, if you are in the upper class to begin with, then why are you worrying about your financial situation? Hopefully, if you are fortunate enough to be in that financial situation in the first place, you either know how to handle your finances or you can hire somebody who will. Why do I have to feel sorry for you when I am working my ass off to do well in school, get a good internship, and eventually get a good job so I can get to a higher position in MIDDLE class. This week I was at home at my mom's house for break from school. It was freezing in there, but I wasn't going to turn the heat any higher than 50...why? Because my mother practices a little thing called moderation. She is somebody who demonstrates the fact that it is entirely possible to stretch the dollar really, really far if you are willing to think and learn how to stretch the dollar. I heard at least one person ask why their parents should "give back" the money they rightfully earn. There is no reason to be sorry for you...so Obama is taxing your family more money...deal with it, it is a part of being in a higher tax bracket. Try to stretch your dollar a little bit and stop bitching and moaning about how shitty your financial situation is. I also heard someone talk about the idea of a flat tax...bullshit. The only thing a flat tax accomplishes is depleting the fiscal resources of the government because it taxes less money from the upper class. I mean, I could go on and on, but I won't try to be a political pundit until somewhere around September of 2012.

I have been on a pretty hard downswing lately in poker, online and live. I got owned a bunch in some smaller tournaments live with my friends in Stoneham. When I reevaluated my play, the pattern of the tournament was accumulating chips early, punting a lot of them away on a really marginal spot, then getting owned hard in at attempt to steal blinds late. Oh well, my friend, THE HAWK, took one down, and my friend Mike Sod took down 2 tournies and come back to become more of the degen gambler that the Stoneham kids fell in love with back in the day. I almost convinced that kid to play a $100 buy in at Seabrook the other day even though those tournies are so bad. Online, I have been playing really badly lately...I looked at a few hands, which I will post in a later date, which made me cry because they were played so horribly. My br was at around 1300, but now im at like a little over 1100 now...Oh well, poker isn't supposed to be a smooth ride to the top, so I'm not all that worried about it, I just have to remember to keep thinking deeply...Always think deeply, kids.

Vacation has been really, really relaxing. I am not really looking forward to going back to the grind at Babson, but there won't be much more time before winter break. Besides, I probably need to make an appearance at my .10/.20 game. I love playing that game... So, tonight, a guy threw this party, and specifically did not invite a lot of my good friends back at home. Long story short, like 10 of us went down to the kid's house and we just got in his face and made him try to confront us about why none of us were invited. His best excuse was that there were people who just moved in next door and he didn't want to disturb them...Right, I'm sure you're being so considerate...what a piece of shit...This really isn't my situation, but I felt like I'd throw that in there for some spice in my work. I will be happy to answer inquiries about said situation.

Anywho, I want to throw out another shout-out to cavallere.com. You guys are just cranking out a lot of different articles and they are good entertaining reading. It is making me kind of regret not being a part of their site, but if you guys are reading and you want a guest piece or something, I will be more than happy to debate about sports with their resident writer. Sports and arguing about crap are two things I love. I think that is all for now...Yeah, I'll remember to post some hand histories and explain why I suck at poker.

So, vacation has been very relaxing for me.

1 comment:

the HAWK said...

Appreciated the shout out and I enjoyed the way you summed up our "controversy" it's just so dumb how shit like this can ruin friendships. Anyways keep it going man!