Sunday, November 23, 2008

sry for the delay

Hey everyone,

It's been a little while since I wrote in this, so for that I apologize. I want to take the time to do a little plug for a blog called Cavallere.com. A bunch of friends of mine started this thing up a with a test version and they launched into full gear a couple of days ago. At one point, I was invited to be a writer for this website. Essentially, I would be paid to spout my mouth off in the same way that I am doing right now. The reason why I eventually declined this offer is because of the rigid manner in which articles must be generated. Those of you (and I implore all my readers to begin looking at the site regularly and bookmarking it) who decide to read this website will see topics that should fill up very fast as the writers for this site must produce articles at a good steady clip. I just don't like that kind of rigid schedule, but I wish everyone involved with the site the best of luck and I am sure that you guys will do great.

I haven't played much poker lately, aside from a couple of 5 dollar sit and go's which I lost in miserable fashion. I also watched the ME final table for the first time tonight. I think they really painted Dennis Phillips as the favorite to root for at home. This is perfectly fine and good, Phillips story about his lucky coin is actually really, really cool, but I wish that they had done more of a story about Peter Eastgate, since, you know...he won. I also found it hilarious how nerdy Scott Montgomery is. Damn, that guy really makes the game look so bad...not to mention how criminal it would have been if he was rewarded for punting 50bbs away with A9dd (like how he was rewarded for the two outer he peeled on Paul Snead). Still, it must have been quite the remarkable production to put the show together with ONE DAY turnaround.

I am also watching some season 1 WPT episodes. It's pretty scary how far the game has come around in 5 years, at least in tournaments...cash games also run much tougher. The way you hear the commentators talk about poker is so much more advanced today. I admit I am not a tournament player, but I feel like I can understand a lot of the play back in season 1, even though Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten get flustered by Gus Hansen making a button steal with 10-3 suited. Basically, I'm mad bored today and I am way too lazy to do anything.

All right, I'm gonna sesh for a little now. I'll try to be better about my writing.

1 comment:

the HAWK said...

Keep up the good work man I enjoy reading it!