Monday, November 17, 2008

"stop being a degen donk"

Hey, y'all!

I haven't posted in a few days, but there hasn't been a whole lot to talk about. Basically, last Saturday, I went through 12 hours of hell when I had to come into work at 830 in the morning. We were supposed to be set up for 10 in the morning, but no one came in until like 1045. *Sigh* What a fucking waste of time. When I came home, my plan was to get a really good session in for the first time in like a month because there was nothing going on and I felt pretty good about trying to get about 4-5 hours of play at NL50. Well, I played for an hour, got distracted, and never came back to my computer. I think this problem has been occurring for a while. My attention span is really bad and I can't remember the last time I have been able to consciously sit down for more than two hours at a time and play. I have also been making some rather n00bish errors like looking at the cashier window and allowing idiotic shit like my Ruckus player freezing to distract me. I really want to get back to the focus level I had grinding NL25 over the summer and really starting to feel like I can make a good amount of coin in this game.

In other news, I have to make an announcement about the most amazing gingerbread muffins ever made. It is this place in Wakefield called the Gingerbread Construction Company. Most of my friends who are from Stoneham know what I am talking about, but basically, this shop has amazing gingerbread men, gingerbread houses, and best of all, gingerbread muffins with cream cheese icing on the inside. They probably contain about 1000 calories per square inch, but they are the most delectable thing I have had in quite a long time.

Overall, I have been quite busy with work and S.A.V.E., this sexual abuse education program I am working with. We're trying to raise awareness across campus about the issue, and that would be quite the accomplishment if any impact is made. My goal of getting in about 15 hours a week online is dead, but I have found that I am still going to work to get in time where I can and enjoy a happy and healthy social life. For instance, my friend Henry (the one that beat me for 1.6 bi and thinks I'm portraying him as a complete donk even though I clearly said he played very well), asked why I don't play the .10/.20 NL game that they run every Friday. I just said that I do other shit. There is more important stuff than just beating up on some donks in some micro stakes game, sorry. Actually, that game is very good to do one of two things.
1. Take in some good conversation and laugh at how badly everyone beside Henry and I (with another friend, Connor, in spurts) plays.
2. Try goofy lines, play massively LAG, and in general just spew money that won't affect me one way or the other.
I think every poker player needs at least one low-stakes or play money game to just relieve stress about life and not really care about why Fish A is a donk for cold calling a 3bet with KJo or something.

I hear some funny shit going on, so I'll talk to you all later.

3 comments:

Connor said...

"There is more important stuff than just beating up on some donks in some micro stakes game..."


These are some pretty strong words...

When was the last time you left our game with a net profit...all I remember are net losses?


-Your "donk" friend, Connor

I love KJo

P.S. - let's "spew" some money this weekend, k?

Paskorn said...

We all missed u last weekend. ^^

Connor said...

I still love you though adam...